Ben Line Agencies (Philippines)
The Ben Line is well known in the Philippines having been trading there for the past several decades, first as a breakbulk carrier then as a liner operator. Ben Line eventually established its own office in Manila with a handful of staff in 1997. Since then the business has grown quickly, now comprising four offices with over 150 staff. Core activities are liner agency, port agency, customs clearance, sea and airfreight forwarding, container leasing and offshore support services.
- Liner agency – liner shipping representation includes carriers from China, Taiwan, Singapore, Russia, and South America whose services cover Asia, South and Central America, Russia, the Middle East and Australia extensively. We have represented carriers covering Europe and the Continental United States for many years which has helped us gain invaluable experience in covering these markets in the Philippines.
- Port Agency – The Philippines, which consists of 7,101 islands, has many ports and we have gained experience of handling vessels in all the major ports nationwide for commodities such as timber, coal, fertilisers, steel products, liquid chemicals, project cargo, and other dry bulk commodities. Husbandry services are likewise offered, including protective agency services ensuring the interests of principals are fully served.
- Sea and Air freight Forwarding – we arrange the shipping of cargoes from point of origin up to point of destination including door-to-door delivery services including the handling and transportation of project cargo.
- Customs clearance – The team is composed of a licensed customs broker who is ably assisted by staff who are experienced in marine customs clearance. The team has many years of experience in handling containerised shipments, parcels sent and received through airfreight as well as foreign transit cargoes.
- Container leasing – we offer a wide range of standard and specialised IMO containers available for hire to many parts of the globe.
- Offshore Support Services – we provide this service with good experience in obtaining the applicable permits, crew changes, supplies and provisions, delivery of spare parts and equipment on board. Clients can be assured of full support for any offshore project in any part of the archipelago.
- Project Logistics – we provide a full range of tailor made solutions for the transportation of projects with experience in handling a range of different cargoes, from power plant equipment to coal mining machinery.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
Our office has successfully achieved International Organization for Standardization (ISO) certifications from Lloyds Register for recognition of its quality, health and safety and environmental management systems. These certifications include ISO9001:2008 (quality), OHSAS 18001:2007 (occupational health and safety) and ISO14001:2004 (environmental management systems).