If you are interested in working for a shipping agency that values integrity, professionalism and establishing solid relationships with clients, then we are interested in you.
Throughout our office network, we take every possible step to ensure that our employees and job candidates are treated fairly, impartially and with respect. Ben Line Agencies does not tolerate any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Finance / Office Manager
The Finance / Office Manager handles all management and statutory accounting for the company.
The finance department includes financial control, receivables and purchase ledger, general ledger, credit control, payroll, preparation of yearly budgets, monthly forecasts and other management reporting packs.
- Financial Reporting
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Provide the management team with timely and accurate reporting on the results of the business, including the preparation of the monthly management pack
- Ongoing improvement and development of all reporting in line with the needs of the business
- Ensure the accounts comply with local and Company/Group accounting policies
- Close liaison with the group finance team based in the Singapore
- Managing, internal and external audits
- Preparation of Monthly Interco.
- Identify revenue opportunities and cost improvements in addition to improving margin efficiencies.
- Develop excellent working relationships with operations team as well as international team members
- Preparation monthly estimates and forecasts and cash flow.
- Responsible for tax filings, preparation of annual Tax report.
- Manage payroll, Social Security and Person Income Tax processing.
- Manage AP, AR and credit and collections
- Responsible for the Annual budgeting process
- Manage preparation of annual statutory accounts and year-end audit
- Updating company documentation and companies related certificates
- Maintaining asset registry
- Ordering office supplies and other administration duties.
- Team development
- Management and development of finance and administration department.
- Mentoring and support for team members.
- Management Team
- As a key member of the local management team to play a driving role in helping the company to achieve its strategic goals
- Proactively responding to the ever-changing needs of the business
- Overseeing any ad hoc projects requiring management responsibility
- Developing effective relationships with customers, suppliers and our auditors.
- Experience as Finance Manager (+ 3 years as Finance Manager in a multinational or overseas HQ company, with total years of finance/accounting work experiences + 8 years)
- Qualified Accountant with professional accounting qualifications, reputable university degree in accountancy or business administration
- Direct supervision of an accounting team of  or more staff
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good English oral and writing communication skills
Closing Deadline: 24th May 2019
Applicants should send a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The primary focus of this job is on producing high quality and detailed data to support Marine Agency commercial team which include but not limited to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, tabulate, and analyse market and competitor data
- To generate commodity statistic and vessel line up
- To generate operation efficiency report
- Assist commercial team with in house database update and clean up
- Assist commercial team with price compilation during tender process
- Provision of customer service via phone call
- Any other adhoc activities that need to be carried out for the business to function as requested by the commercial manager or senior management of the company
- BSc Degree in Business Shipping / Logistics
- Passion for numbers and data analysis
- High standard of computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Excel, comfortable using pivots, tables and graphs to analyze information
- Well organized, thorough and have attention to detail
- Have a basic understanding of CRM and database systems in order to communicate and address system issues with internal stakeholders who may not be located in Singapore
- Manage requests for the timely creation or adaptation of reports and other required materials
- Adaptable to the changing situations as requirements and timelines may change from time to time
Singapore Citizen and Permanent Residence only
PHP - Programmer
Ben Line Agencies are seeking a Senior full stack PHP Developer or Architect for a team that is responsible for web application and web services. In this position, the ideal candidate will work within a fast-paced and challenging environment to organize and design structure of PHP code.
Join a leading team based in Yangon that is developing a large-scale Global Port System with complex logic that will test even the best developer’s skill set.
- Participate and perform the design, development, testing, deployment and implementation of PHP solutions and other software applications.
- Build web services and web applications using primarily PHP.
- Proven record in delivering backend systems for websites and web applications.
- Good understanding of fundamentals for data modeling, systems architecture and best practices.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced industry and environment and values high quality code and are constantly learning and keeping up with industry trends.
- Proven PHP development experience and knowledge.
- Experience in performance benchmarking.
- Sound knowledge of Laravel Framework.
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in PHP, Web Service APIs, Json, HTML, Jquery.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Myanmar and English.
Integrated Logistics Commercial Executive
The primary focus of this job is to provide high quality proposals and maintain excellent rapport with customers. This will involve a positive personality and good communication skills. Some administrative tasks and analyzing of data is part of the job. Must work meticulously based on established standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Higher Diploma holder
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Experience in sales and customer service is an advantage but not required
- Knowledge about marine engineering, maritime, logistics or oil & gas experience is an advantage but not required
- To attend and quote sales enquiries on both local and overseas client, network agents and Ben Line’s offices by preparing costing sheet and quotation.
- To source/compile/negotiate ocean/air freight rates and local handling rates for import/export shipment when necessary.
- To assist and support communication between clients and operation team during the execution of job if required
- To prepare and facilitate submission both commercial and technical for tender and/or RFQ for Singapore and other offices within the region when required.
- To establish and foster strong relationships with companies within key market segments – offshore support vessel, seismic survey, subsea, EPCIC, FPSO, drilling contractors, exploration and production, floating asset owners, oilfield service providers.
- To ensure that any relevant visit reports are at each meeting involved are log into ACT as well as distribution to relevant offices.
- Assist with completion of vendor approval.
- Organise quarterly industry networking event if required
- To fulfil any other tasks as and when assigned by Manager.
- To conduct market research from time to time.
- To fulfill any other tasks as and when assigned by Superior.
- Submit quotations with approval by Group Commercial Manager – Oilfield Services
- Responsible for the compliance to HSEQ, Trace, MACN and company policies of the operations department.
- Assist in generating proforma disbursement account (PDA) for inquiries and following up status of appointments.
- Creating local procedures that will allow seamless compliance to group policies and international standards.
- Assisting Supply Chain Manager in evaluating prospective vendors and current vendors performance.
- Liaising with Internal departments i.e., marketing/account/logistics department to ensure they are aware of the compliance requirements of the vessels being serviced.
- Must possess at least Bachelor’s/ College Degree in Marine Transportation/Engineering or equivalent.
- Must have Maritime background with at least 1-year of seagoing experience.
- Oversee the ship’s interest when in port on behalf of the company.
- Negotiate and coordinate with the agencies concerns, port authorities on behalf of the vessel and owner.
- Tendering vessel’s arrival notices and berth application.
- Coordination with the service providers needed for the vessel’s call in port.
- Proper coordination with the port and other agencies during the port and cargo operations to minimize delays and expenses.
- Attending to vessel’s requirement while in port.
- Must possess at least Bachelor’s/College Degree in Logistics/Transportation, Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- Preferably 1-4 years experience specializing in Logistics/Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Responsible in the research, compilation, and synthesis of data and information about key issues and areas including services, markets, and competitors both regionally and globally.
- He or she will contribute to the market research process by systematically supporting the collection of market intelligence, assist in the proactive monitoring of market data, conducting robust analysis, facilitating the identification of opportunities, and developing comprehensive and customized reports at the same.
- Must possess at least Bachelor’s/College Degree in Logistics/Transportation, Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- Preferably 1-4 years experience specializing in Marketing/Business Development or equivalent.
- Responsible in preparing the Final Disbursement Account for each vessel.
- Responsible in collections and monitoring Accounts Receivable.
- Preparation of Final Statement of account both for full agency works and/or husbandry requirements as the main responsibility.
- Must possess at least Bachelor’s/College Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- At least 1-year experience in the related field is required.
Operations Executive (Boarding Officer) Marine
WANT TO JOIN A WINNING TEAM, AT AN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AGENCY IN MYANMAR?
- Responsible for attending to vessels assigned, coordinating all operations activities.
- Process all the necessary formalities and declarations on time to ensure smooth entry/departure of vessels.
- Attend on board assigned vessels in Port Daily.
- Send out Activity reports (with photographs) to principal, twice a day while vessel is at berth.
- Responding to enquiries with appropriate Port information and PDA in line with the company’s best practices.
- Following up on all enquires sent in a timely manner.
- Strengthen relationships with key accounts and deliver customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Commercial team to develop the local market.
- Attending the port meeting and ensuring our Principals interests are protected.
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills.
- Good communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English is a MUST.
- Be a team player and be willing and able to work long hours and on weekends.
- Have a friendly personality and a passion for service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Exel, Word).
WE HAVE POSITIONS FOR BOTH JUNIOR AND SENIOR OPERATIONS EXECUTIVES AND ALSO WELCOME FRESH GRADUATES FROM MARITIME UNIVERSITY WHO WISH TO START A CAREER IN SHIPPING.