Ben Line Project Logistics was appointed to perform an Ocean freight shipment of 2 new tug boats and 6 barges. Ben Line Project Logistics arranged a barge for delivering cradles to vessel first.
Tugs for towing Customer’s newly built tugs and barges to alongside Heavy Lift Vessel for lifting with lifting lugs.
Permits for floating units from Customer to moor alongside Heavy Lift Vessel.
Client is a French owned company established in Vietnam from 2005. Their products are mainly exporting to French Colonies like New Caledonia, and Seychelles
Ben Line Project Logistics has managed the full scope of logistics services from customs clearance, wet towage for tugs and barges to alongside Heavy Lift Vessel, insurance, cargo inspection, loading survey, delivering cradles to vessel by barge and chartering.
- Ben Line Project Logistics know the operation very well after handling many previous shipments from the same loading and discharge ports.
- We experienced heavy rains during the loading operations which proved to be challenging but with our HSE coordinators present, we were able to perform the loading in a safe manner without any incidents.
BLPL was appointed to transport Fabricated steel housing cases 9,000 cbm from Phu My to Turkey.
We arranged the trucking and delivery to port, chartered a vessel to deliver to Turkey.
Australian based global power solution provider to the gas turbine power industry
- Our client required a very fast and fixed transit time from Vietnam to Turkey but also required flexibility as the finish date of the fabrication was tentative and extended multiple times.
- Ben Line worked with a local trucking company to ensure the right amount of trucks had been booked for the tentative ready dates. Through multiple meetings with the fabricator, the client and Ben Line in Vietnam were able to determine the correct dates for loading. This was completed in a safe manner without any incidents. The vessel was fixed in April with a tier 1 European break bulk carrier and communication for the lay day of the vessel was perfect and without delay. Ben Line were the appointed port agents by the carrier so this was a full package under Ben Line control. The vessel loaded all cargo within a timely manner, safe and as per the documentation, then sailed as per schedule direct to Turkey.
- With cargo readiness dates moving multiple times we had to leverage on solid relationships with the local trucking company and carrier to ensure there were no added costs to our client. There were a few extra services added to the Ben Line scope at last minute (extra purchase of containers and surveyor reports) but Ben Line Vietnam’s professionalism came through and solved these issues without delay.
A new customer bidding for the building of floating docks, 20 barges and 16 tug boats for the Noumea market
BLA was awarded the project shipment from Ho Chi Minh to Noumena in providing the services of ocean freight and heavy lift
- Setting up a suitable schedule for wet towage cargos from yard to alongside vessel
- Unsuitable cradle could have caused damage for tug boat in loading, transport and unloading
- Accessories inside barge
- Ocean transport Vn – NC
- Permit for wet stowage cargos from yard to alongside vessel
- Since the crew needed a lot of time to open the pontoon the cargoes had to be tied alongside to wait for loading
- Position of tide meant that the tug boat could not be put in the optimum position in cradle
Project Solving Process:
- We had to push the crew to open the pontoon as quickly as possible and had to designate a worker to look after the cargo at all times to ensure no loss or damage was caused
- Since BLAV has a close relationship with local partners we were able to help merchant arrange permit for wet stowage cargo exactly on time
- Due to the backward tide we decided to wait until next morning, when there was suitable tide to place tug boat in the best position.