If you are interested in working for a shipping agency that values integrity, professionalism and establishing solid relationships with clients, then we are interested in you.
Throughout our office network, we take every possible step to ensure that our employees and job candidates are treated fairly, impartially and with respect. Ben Line Agencies does not tolerate any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Commercial Sales Executive - Logistics
- BA in business or related subject.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel
- A minimum of two years’ sales experience in freight forwarding related to project cargo and/or oil & gas business.
- Identifying potential customers in the project cargo & oilfield sectors.
- Maintaining & developing relationships with key accounts for project cargo & oilfield products.
- Making presentations to customers.
- Preparing & submitting commercial proposals & bids to customers.
- Negotiating contractual terms & conditions with customers.
- Developing a customer-service culture throughout the logistics team.
- Preparing reports for the senior management to review.
- Watching & reacting to market/customer trends.
- Achieving targets for sales growth, revenue, etc.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Marketing Services Assistant
Marketing Services works as sales support for our products and countries by providing data and materials that will enable Ben Line Agencies to showcase our work & capabilities, monitor performance, and find new business opportunities.
The primary focus of this job is on (1) producing high quality marketing materials in both digital and printed formats and (2) producing reports to monitor Ben Line Agencies activity.
- Applicant must have good communication skills because the role requires regular communication with stakeholders across multiple countries.
- Needs to have a high standard of computer literacy particularly with Mailchimp and Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- A basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop or InDesign is a plus but not required.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must maintain good relationships and be open to feedback from internal stakeholders.
- Requirements and timelines may change so must be adaptable to changing situations.
- Responsible for reviewing, coordinating and compiling information from various groups across the Ben Line Agencies network.
- Must ensure that materials comply with established standards and guidelines.
Data Analysis for Reports
- This will involve coordination and analyzing data as part of sales support.
- Will work with raw data on Microsoft Excel and must be comfortable using pivots, tables and graphs to analyze information.
- Managing requests for the timely creation or adaptation of reports and other required materials.
- Must have a basic understanding of CRM and database systems.
Assistant Logistics & Warehouse Supervisor
Has responsibility for assisting the warehouse and lay down areas, including receiving, dispatching cargo & managing inventory. Reporting on discrepancies, shortages and damages. Providing inventory reports & performing monthly audits.
- Preferably holds a diploma or degree in a business-related subject. Must have a good working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in warehouse management & providing logistics services.
- Assisting all aspects of warehouse management, material receiving, inventory analysis, inventory levels, materials movement and tracking, load list and manifest preparation in conjunction with logistics department at Ben Line.
- Ensures the safe and orderly handling / loading and offloading of trucks and proper lashing of cargo.
- Ensures that all relevant documentation for the dispatch and receipt of cargoes are prepared and submitted as per the customer’s requirements.
- Develops and sustains a culture of safety within the workforce in the area of operations.
- Provides regular updates on cargo discrepancies, shortages & damages.
- On a monthly basis provides an audit report with updated inventory.
- On a monthly basis provides a floor diagram showing cargo locations.
Account Executive for Project Logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree/Business Studies/Administration/Management, Marketing or equivalent.
- With at least 2 year(s) of working experience in the shipping logistics business or equivalent.
- Solicit business in the form of bookings from target/existing customers.
- Do research and telemarketing activities to secure appointments to visit new target accounts.
- Regularly send sales pre-plans and sales call reports as scheduled.
- Coordinate bookings with customer service and logistic teams.
- Update customers with developments on service, trade, market conditions, rates, etc.
- Keep breast of competition activites and industry developments.
- Update files like the sales call monitoring spreadsheet.
- Keep abreast of market conditions i.e. new service, competition, market rates and concessions, trade statistics, etc.
- File necessary rate applications and updating of rates.
Commercial Manager for Marine Agency Services
- Bachelor’s Degree/Business Studies/Administration/Management, Marketing or equivalent.
- At least 10 year(s) of working experience in Shipping/Logistics specializing in Marketing/Business Development or equivalent.
- Responsible to the General Manager for the daily commercial performance of the commercial department.
- Marketing of the specialist marine agency and logistics services in the local market place.
- Drives Revenue through recognition and realization of opportunity with existing accounts.
- Manages major account relationship as the primary point of contact for day to day issues, including ongoing communications and coordination of project, billing and other activities in conjunction with the operations team.
- Establish and build strong relationships with offshore clients to leverage Offshore Support Services to enhance customers’ business and grow Ben Line offshore division opportunities.
- Supports General Manager in developing new business.
- Conducts regular Business Reviews and reporting with major accounts.
- Assist with completion of vendor approval, tender and RFQ documentation.
- Tracks and maintains all account activity and expedite payment where appropriate.
- Provides sales forecasts and other reports to manager as required.
Mid-Senior or Senior PHP Developer
Ben Line Agencies are seeking a Senior full stack PHP Developer or Architect for a team that is responsible for web application and web services. In this position, the ideal candidate will work within a fast-paced and challenging environment to organize and design structure of PHP code.
Join a leading team based in Yangon that is developing a large-scale Global Port System with complex logic that will test even the best developer’s skill set.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced industry and environment and values high quality code and are constantly learning and keeping up with industry trends.
- Proven PHP application development experience and knowledge.
- Experience in performance benchmarking.
- Strong experience of Laravel Framework.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Myanmar and English.
- Participate and perform the design, development, testing, deployment and implementation of PHP solutions and other software applications.
- Build web services and web applications using primarily PHP.
- Proven record in delivering backend systems for websites and web applications.
- Good understanding of fundamentals for data modeling, systems architecture and best practices.
Operations Executive (Boarding Officer) Marine
WANT TO JOIN A WINNING TEAM, AT AN INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AGENCY IN MYANMAR?
- Responsible for attending to vessels assigned, coordinating all operations activities.
- Process all the necessary formalities and declarations on time to ensure smooth entry/departure of vessels.
- Attend on board assigned vessels in Port Daily.
- Send out Activity reports (with photographs) to principal, twice a day while vessel is at berth.
- Responding to enquiries with appropriate Port information and PDA in line with the company’s best practices.
- Following up on all enquires sent in a timely manner.
- Strengthen relationships with key accounts and deliver customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Commercial team to develop the local market.
- Attending the port meeting and ensuring our Principals interests are protected.
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills.
- Good communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English is a MUST.
- Be a team player and be willing and able to work long hours and on weekends.
- Have a friendly personality and a passion for service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Exel, Word).
WE HAVE POSITIONS FOR BOTH JUNIOR AND SENIOR OPERATIONS EXECUTIVES AND ALSO WELCOME FRESH GRADUATES FROM MARITIME UNIVERSITY WHO WISH TO START A CAREER IN SHIPPING.