Singapore – Coronavirus Disease Update
All short-term visitors, from anywhere in the world, will not be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore. MPA will apply these additional precautionary measures to all vessels calling at the Port of Singapore.
With the application of the additional precautionary measures, crew and passengers on short-term visits will not be allowed to disembark in Singapore for the time being. Crew change in Singapore is also disallowed for the time being.
Crew change is disallowed for the time being but under special circumstances where crew needs to disembark ship like:
- The crew has served his/her maximum time on board and no further extension of the employment contract is granted by the flag State; or
- Compassionate grounds e.g. death of family member; or
- The crew is no longer medically fit to work onboard the ship.
Under such special circumstances, cargo ships may submit their requests to MPA for consideration.
The Port of Singapore remains open for cargo operations and marine services, including shipyard repairs.
Maritime Declaration of Health is required for all vessel into port.
As of 22nd May 2020 MPA has revised the requirements for crew change as follow:
- Confirmation that the crew has not gone ashore in the last fourteen (14) days before leaving the ship, and remained well throughout that period
- Fit-to-travel medical certificate issued by a doctor in Singapore
- Proof of expiry of employment contract or unfit-for-work medical report, where applicable
- Relevant documentation supporting required crew change (e.g. sale/purchase agreement of ship)
- Confirmation that the crew has been in quarantine for at least 14 days prior to departing his/her home country and has been well throughout that period
- COVID-19 test (polymerase chain reaction (PCR) type) with negative result at his/her home country not more than 48 hours prior to his/her departure flight
- Fit-to-travel medical certificate issued by a doctor at his/her home country not more than 24 hours prior to his/her departure flight
- The crew must be transferred directly between the ship and point of arrival/departure in Singapore
- The ship will not be allowed to depart Singapore until the sign-off crew has departed Singapore and/or the sign-on crew has boarded the ship.