South Korea – Coronavirus Disease Update
Quarantine officer must board and conduct an inspection if the vessel falls into either of these categories.:
- All arriving vessels that have called at ports in China in the past 14days.
- All arriving vessels with crew/passengers who have travelled to mainland China in the past 14 days.
Below is the inspection procedure:
- No one can come on board and no loading activity can be conducted before arrival inspection by quarantine officer is completed. Free Pratique will only be granted if crew are not suspected of coronavirus and all crew are in good condition / after inspection is completed.
- Arrival inspection conducted by quarantine officer will take about 2-3 hours at outer anchorage.
- If any crew members are suspected of coronavirus, all activity will be suspended, vessel will be quarantined and will not be allowed to proceed alongside jetty / loading at anchorage. She must wait for quarantine officer’s decision with indefinite waiting time.
Immigration office prohibits disembarking of all crew/passenger who have travelled to Wuhan, China in the past 14 days.
All master of the ship are recommended to implement the following additional precautionary measures :
- Carry out daily check for crew/passengers on board at least twice a day looking out for fever / runny nose / cough / shortness of breath / high temperature.
- Isolate unwell crew/passengers when his/her temperature is above 38 degree Celsius and should also wear a protective mask.
- Disinfect common area and rooms on the vessel before arrival in South Korean port.
With effect on February 10, the Central Disaster Management Headquarters of the Republic of Korea has decided to temporarily ban entry of cruise ships at ports in South Korea in an effort to prevent further spread and infections of the novel coronavirus. Port entries will only be allowed for fueling and provision of ship supplies WITHOUT disembarkation of personnel aboard.