As a Trainee in Ben Line, you will be part of a company with over 190 years of history in the maritime industry, with the most extensive network of offices across Asia, where you will be trained and developed for a long term career in our group of companies.
Ben Line’s mission is to bring together our network of great people who consistently achieve excellence in maritime & logistics solutions – and if you are hardworking, reliable and up for a challenge in an interesting cross-cultural working environment then, we want you to be part of this.
Comments from our current Management Trainees
What can we offer?
Ben Line offers a two-year trainee program based on practical work experience in tandem with some theoretical education. You will obtain qualifications within the key areas of shipping and / or logistics, and during this 2-year period, you will have work experience in different departments such as Liner Agency, Marine Agency Services, and Integrated Logistics. Trainee placements would be within our network of offices across Asia
This is a great opportunity to work in an international environment with a role in an organization where our people and service excellence are at the center of everything that we do. We offer a career opportunity with plenty of scope for personal growth and professional development, and we expect that the successful candidate will be with Ben Line for many years to come.
Building your career
To build a successful career with us, you should be eager to learn and try new things. You should also be willing to work hard in an international environment amongst different cultures and languages. You should also be willing to multi-task and be flexible in your approach to your role and to the business. You are passionate about doing a great job and always act with your customers' needs in mind.
Successful applicants will have:
- At least 1-2 years practical experience in the maritime / logistics industry and/or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- International experience, studying or working in different cultures.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- It will be considered an advantage if you have some basic experience from the industry and/or can speak additional Asian languages, particularly Mandarin.
As our company values are very important to us, the right candidate will be one who can positively contribute to upholding these values: www.benlineagencies.com/mission-statement-values
Throughout our office network, we take every possible step to ensure that our employees and job candidates are treated fairly, impartially and with respect. Ben Line Agencies does not tolerate any form of discrimination, harassment or victimization. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Trainees will receive:
- Trainee salary
- Industry specific education courses, funded by the company
- Exciting and international working environment
- Any travel / relocation / housing costs for placements outside of your home country
- Comprehensive health and travel insurance